Sunday, January 23, 2011

YES! You can have pizza!!


A couple of months ago, after having delicious success making her cinnamon buns, I purchased the Gluten Free Girl and the Chef cookbook. Its a very nice read, and gives some cool insight into the blogging gluten free guru and her husband, who live nearby in Seattle. I decided to try making the pizza, since I have read rave reviews about it. I used both the cracker recipe, which they recommend for making the pizza, as well as a video that is posted on her blog to help me. The ingredients were ones I had in my pantry already, and it was very simple to make. I waited the hour to let the dough rise, and away I went. The dough rolled out very smoothly and easily. I could tell as soon as it went into the oven between my two pizza stones that it was going to be delicious. The untopped dough started bubbling right away, so I could see there was air in the dough, just what you want to make it light and fluffy. After topping and broiling it, the final product was amazing! It is by far the best pizza I have ever made, gluten free or no! The texture was perfect, and the taste was indistinguishable from a regular pizza crust. My husband and son sat down in front of the oven to watch it bake, because it looked so delicious! They couldn't resist trying some, and even came back for seconds and thirds. The ultimate compliment is when my husband said next time I should make some for him too, and he wouldn't bother with his regular gluten-full crust! My dear fellow gluten-avoiders, life is too short to deny yourself good pizza! Do not delay, get yourself to the nearest bookstore and get this book! The pizza recipe alone is worth the price of the book. www.glutenfreegirl.blogspot.com



2 comments:

  1. My family has been making the appetizer pizzas for years, but I love how you turned it into a meal! YUM!

    Pizza Equipment For Sale

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing this recipe it's definitely a really good reward for my brother who got his ISO 22000 Training last week. But still work on the dough first. I'm not really the cook-type but I'd like to do something special for him.

    ReplyDelete