Saturday, April 30, 2011

Outback Steakhouse

In Bellevue Washington, I finally got the chance to check out this chain restaurant. They have a separate gluten free menu (hooray), so I was eager to see what they offer. The menu is quite extensive, but I wanted to sample what they are known for, their steaks. I had the Outback special steak, with seasonal veggies. I was very impressed with the service, and the knowledge of our waitress. She knew without checking the menu, what I could and couldn't have as sides. Unfortunately, I was very disappointed with my meal. The steak was dry, tough, and completely plain, and no matter how much seasoning I added, I couldn't get any taste out of it. The veggies were steamed with a bit of salt on them...ugh..Gluten free does not mean the usual meal with the flavour stripped off, it means getting creative. I'm hoping its just the particular meal that I chose, and not the whole gluten free menu that is tasteless. Its too bad, because the restaurant had a warm and welcoming feel to it, and the manager, upon hearing it was our first time there, sent over a gluten free brownie with icecream. Nice touch. I didn't have the heart to tell him I'm also allergic to chocolate.
www.outbacksteakhouse.com

Outback Steakhouse (Bellevue) on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment