Thursday, June 30, 2011

Sante Gluten Free Cafe



Its rare to find a dedicated gluten free cafe, let alone a hang out where gluten-avoiders can feel welcome, and safe to eat anything off the menu. I found such a place in Victoria. My friend and I enjoyed the soothing ambience as soon as we entered. The quiet music, comfy couches, and friendly staff made us feel right at home. Their menu includes salads, mains, bagels, pizza, and several baked goods. Since we were eating our way around Victoria for the day, and were full from lunch, I decided on the lemon cranberry loaf, and she decided on the quinoa carrot cake. My choice was a perfect pairing of sweet and tart. My friend enjoyed her unique quinoa treat as well. We can't wait to come back and try more offerings from their menu. On our way out, we met the owner, who shared her story of going gluten free, and of starting up this great new spot. She vowed that they would be on the mainland with another location in the future, and I'm going to hold her to that!




2630 Quadra St.
Victoria, BC

Sante Gluten-Free Cafe on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment