Thursday, April 5, 2012

Cloud 9 Specialty Bakery

What's that? A new gluten free bakery in New Westminster you say? Sign me up!
Inside this classy bakery is some of the best gluten free treats you will find. It is a dedicated gfree facility that makes cookies, squares, cupcakes, muffins, cakes, confections, and bread...oh the bread!
I tried one of their mini focaccia loaves and I was in heaven. You no longer have to settle for crumbly, dry breads that leave you hungry, thirsty, and broken-hearted. This bakery has evolved with the times and has invented the bread you remember, sans the wheat belly that goes along with it. The "Hello Sunshine" muffins are a yummy and healthy breakfast muffin that remind me of a bran muffin back in the day. The specialty marshmallows, coconut and raspberry flavoured, were delicious. My son devoured his chocolate cupcake with peanut butter frosting, so that's a definitive thumbs up as well.
I also loved the DaVino confections, a sweet that is made from red or white wines, kind of like a sophisticated gummy. Cloud 9 has put together a flour mix that is meant to be used cup for cup in your favourite recipes. I tried the recipe for the hello sunshine muffins and they turned out great.
The owners are going for a taste that anyone can love, whether you need to follow a gluten free diet or not. They have hit the mark. They plan on expanding to multiple locations, and I sure hope they do! Check them out! www.cloud9specialtybakery.com
Cloud 9 Specialty Bakery on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment