Sunday, August 12, 2012

Indigo Raw Food Cafe

On a recent visit to Kitsilano, I checked out the Indigo Raw Food Cafe for lunch. Most raw food happens to be gluten free which is great news for me. I've only eaten raw food a few times, but have found it to be delicious, and pleasing to the belly, although expensive.
This establishment is a nice option, and the prices are easier on the wallet. Indigo has a small seating area, and friendly staff. On this visit, I decided to go for the pizza, so I could compare it to the raw pizza I've had other places.
I was very happy with my choice. The multitude of flavours complemented each other perfectly in this dish. Not only is raw food beautiful to look at, but the best part is, no cheese belly afterwards! Your body just feels happy with you after a raw food meal.
For dessert, I had the fruit filled crepe. It was a nice light option for dessert. My friend was happy with her choices as well. She chose the collard roll-ups and the mint chocolate chip icecream.
Be sure to check Indigo out next time you're in Kits! On 16th and Trafalgar. www.indigofood.org Indigo Food Cafe on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment